I have a stomach allergy. Went to a Chinese doctor last week and found out I'm allergic to something which is causing all the tummy aches.
On a side note, last time I went to a Chinese doctor (or maybe a doctor in general) was about 8 years ago. Same guy from 8 years ago, amazing how he keeps up with the times so he doesn't look so old. I was imagining him wearing a white coat like doctors do and him having white hair and just plain old. To my surprise he's actually not old like what I expected. He actually looks like he follows trends too cause he was wearing dark wash jeans and a simple black shirt. Although he was wearing a mask maybe for hygiene's sake, anyway, the check up was quick. He just held my hand for a while and diagnosed I had hormone imbalance and that I was experiencing stomach pains (right at that moment). I didn't tell him that the reason why I came to see him was because I was having stomach pains for a week or so, I didn't tell him I was in pain at that very moment as well but he diagnosed that just by holding my hand. There's also a reason for me not telling him because I couldn't speak in his language. Not because it's Cantonese, no, I just suck at Fookien, I can't even understand his hand writing! I feel so un-Chinese-y.
I was prescribed 3 different meds. One was a chewable tablet that tastes like champoy. The other one looks like red m&m's and tastes like sugar (maybe it's coated). The last is the most horrible one, it looks like whole ground pepper and I have to drink one cover of the bottle. I have to drink it in batches and it's hard because they're so small and they disperse in my mouth so I can't drink it all at once. Such a hassle 'cause I have to eat it before meals and the other ones after meals. Before meal meds are so hard to remember! Especially when it's lunch time already, I get excited because it's the longest break on a regular work day. :D
Back to my topic earlier, I am apparently allergic to something and I've come to the conclusion that it's an ingredient found in bread. Last last Saturday I had pizza for lunch and it started from there. Ate bread sticks the next morning when I was feeling better already BUT it got worse. I had something with bread too but I can't remember. For almost two weeks now my stomach has been hurting, thankfully most of the time at home not at work or else I would've lost focus. I am already so distracted as it is, I don't need anymore reason to lose my focus.
I kinda confirmed it when I ate a sandwich and totally forgot I was avoiding bread. Kinda confirmed because I am not a doctor to know and confirm but after eating that my stomach hurt, so I'm guessing it really has something to do with bread. I've been avoiding bread and so far so good. If I really am allergic to bread I think I'll still live, I'm not such a bread fanatic, only if it's from bread talk (they have yummy bread there) and or Pan de Manila or maybe the occasional sandwich or pastry from time to time.
aww shucks. i'll die if i was allergic to bread. but im glad youre all better now!
ReplyDeletehaving allergies does suck...take care always first love >:D<
ReplyDelete@chesca: okay lang for me kasi i'm not a bread person pero ibang usapan pag pastries! @mykel: thanks first love *hugs* gusto ko malaman ano talaga yung nagccause ng allergy!
ReplyDelete