I'm not a workaholic, I'm not addicted to workahol. I mean, I don't get drunk when I'm working so I guess that proves that I am not a workaholic.
But it got me thinking when my office mates told me that being stressed and not really realizing you're stressed is a sign that you're a workaholic. How can I, who dreams of being lazy as a profession, be a workaholic? Being one entails being goal-oriented, being a go-getter, a career-loving, responsible and hardworking person, much of which doesn't fit my profile.
Although I must say, on my eager beaver days in work I was determined to finish earlier on time and I didn't take breaks and there was no room for laziness. :)) I guess that part would pass as workaholic behavior but as a whole I still think I'm the normal, gets lazy and bored at work type of employee. :)) OF COURSE, I don't stop working even though I'm lazy, I can't afford that anymore. Haha! Something in my subconscious is telling me to stop being lazy and get the job done. And even though classical, bossa and instrumental music makes me sleepy, I really get to focus more on my task at hand which gets handy because I need to meet deadlines and if possible beat the deadline earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment