I've been listening to an old (but often times disregarded by today's generation) genre of music lately and I feel so relaxed and calm.
If you're wondering why I chose Claire de Lune by Debussy, it's the song playing now. If you're wondering why and how I got to listen to classical and instrumental music lately it's because my sister downloaded a whole bunch of them for work. Not to listen while working but it's complicated, let's just say that she downloaded them for work and leave it at that.
I remember my high school days. My sister and I have been going to malls together, only us two most of the time, ever since I could remember. There was this phase in our lives when we bought lots of CD's. Movies and music CD's. Maybe it's the avid sales for VCD's that we actually buy them even though the concept of bootleg is widespread. Anyway, part of that craze was us buying lots of classical music CD's. We started buying Mozart then played it almost every night while doing our homework and chatting. Then we bought Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi and a lot more others I can't remember. I guess we felt compelled to buy them because they were cheap and even though we can download everything in the internet, at that time the concept of internet to us was a big blur.
At that time it takes us days to download a measly music file from a peer to peer file sharing network. Oldskool. Dial-up internet, peer to peer file sharing networks, oh the old times. I feel so primitive thinking about how we were back then, and of course I feel so advanced now because of the huge difference.
I guess it's just me again, going through another phase in my life where I get interested by something and me anticipating that I'd eventually grow out of it and find another genre to exploit. Exploit because I'm the type of person who plays a new found great song on loop and get bored after a few days.
Disregarding the possibility -no, the inevitable, I highly recommend you to try and listen to a few favorites of the moment:
* Moon river (timeless classic - very romantic)
* O sole mio (I feel like I'm riding a Gondola while the gondolier is singing and I feel like I'm floating into centuries of breath taking culture)
* Moonlight Sonota (sometimes creepy but sometimes it brings heavy emotions, I feel so inspired)
* Time to say goodbye (love! I feel like an Italian mobster singing in the shower HAHA, don't ask why, I don't know myself lol)
* Air on the G string (O.M.G. Libera's version makes me feel like I've been time warped and immersed into a museum full of wonderful art pieces from way back the renaissance period, for some reason I am reminded of the ceiling painting by Michelangelo on the Sistine chapel whenever I hear this song)
* Concerto for two violins: Largo (by Vivaldi, his pieces I can't seem to remember but whenever I hear Vivaldi's pieces playing I feel so serene, I imagine nature)
* Girl from Ipanema (HAHA this is kind of OP from the bunch because it makes me think about travelling, shopping, jet setters, stuff related to that)
and last but not the least:
* Claire de Lune (I think this song was on Spider man the movie, don't know which one but it sounds so familiar, it sounds so inspiring and it really makes you feel like you're in a whole different time period, and because of the Spider man thing I feel like I'm Spider man HAHAHA).
Classical music really makes me think about the wonders of centuries back, especially during the renaissance period. I don't know much about history, most especially history of music but something about classical pieces makes me remember the renaissance period where inspiration was truly abundant. Many geniuses showed their talent and left a mark, a reminder for the world to appreciate and acknowledge them even up to this date. It makes me feel like exploding and burst of creativity. I don't know why but I love and appreciate the arts and culture especially European, although I don't know much about them I love knowing more about them when I get the chance. This is partly the reason why I enjoy studying history but somehow I never really remember history well. :))
I even risk getting sleepy and play these while working because I love the feeling, it makes me feel like I'm a connoisseur of some sort, refined, proper and wise. :))
i love classical music too! sad though na nagustuhan ng mas maraming tao ang claire de lune only because of twilight. but oh well. haha.
ReplyDeletetry mo pakinggan ung nocturne in e flat major ni chopin. ang ganda! wheee
Okay I will! Haha nasa twilight pala ang claire de lune, na TO naman ako wahaha joke *peace jegs*, gusto ko rin yung kay tchaikovsky na dance of the sugart plum fairy! And songs ng libera boys choir!
ReplyDelete