Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling Revellious

Today my cousin texted me if I wanted to go to Chocolate Lovers with him, I wasn't able to go with because I haven't took a bath yet and I just barely woke up. And yes again I had a very strange dream, though I can't remember the details, I remember myself with a bunch of friends from college watching a show in our high school gym. @.@ 


Anyway my cousin stopped by today just because Chocolate Lovers is so near our home. He asked me if I wanted to go baking Revel Bars with him and because I don't have anything to do, I was so excited. I've always wanted to bake but since we don't have an oven, and well there is an oven here but upstairs. My aunt has an oven but then I don't know how to operate so yeah. So he waited for me to finish taking a bath and we commuted to his home. 


So here's a picture of me feeling like a chef slash CSB HRIM student:



My cousin asked if I wanted to wear this and *ding* idea. :)) The very vain self thought of taking a pic and see what it'd look like. :)) I guess this is what I'd look like had I taken HRIM in CSB. Anyway, I never thought baking would take long. First I was assigned to chop the chocolate. We used bittersweet chocolate because we would mix it with condensed milk later on and it'd be too sweet if the chocolate isn't bittersweet I guess. 

This is the finished product of hard chopping labor. The chocolate was so hard that it was difficult to chop. I was actually shredding the thing already. :)) 


I also mixed the butter with an electronic mixer along with the other ingredients. My cousin prepared the chocolate for melting and mixed the milk. After that the maid prepared the pans and greased it with butter. Then my cousin folded the oatmeal with the batter and here's what it looks like:



After mixing everything we prepared to melt the chocolate and combine the milk! :D Here's a picture of the chocolate melting process:


and another one


melted chocolate mix



We placed the batter in the pans and half baked it because another layer was to be put again after we put the chocolate in the middle. We had to wait awhile for the batter to be baked and so facebook it is! :)) 


pre-baked batter


baked! woot woot! :))


It felt kind of nostalgic going back to our cousin's house. Before we would always go there especially during Christmas break and summer break. It was fun there because before we didn't have computers at home and they had. They also open the aircon the whole day so it was so cool there. I got to meet other workers who I met when I was still little and they don't recognize me anymore! They kept on asking who I was and someone even though I was the girlfriend of my cousin! The heck! They all recalled who I was as the 'makulit' one. I don't remember being mischievous though. @.@ 


The place overall was just nostalgic, made me feel like a kid again. :D Took a picture of their bar because I just think they have much too much alcohol. :))




This is really funny: BLOCK LABUL HAHAHA! Huge bottles of black label :)) empty bottles. :))




Anyway here's the final product: =p~




Yum! Yum! Yum! Took a box home :D Want to share with you guys because I participated in baking this. :> hahaha! When shall we meet? :)) I hope by that time I still have enough for everyone. :)




Ta daaaa! Tomorrow will be different, still thinking about going or not, my cousin's baking lemon squares. :)) I want Cookies please :D

6 comments:

  1. me want one!!! hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. papasok ba kayo lahat? haha! diba hangang 2pm lang daw today? :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. nakatikim ako!! hahaha :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yay! pero parang matabang nga wahahaha! gusto ko ako lang haha nagassist lang ako e! try ko nga one of these days :>

    ReplyDelete