Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Due Date: November 20, 2010

Last Saturday's Badminton Reunion was cancelled because everyone had their own thing. I for one had an interview at Accenture and the others had a symposium to attend to in school.


Anyway, some of the people decided to have the session at 5PM instead. But alas, the efforts of those who wanted to make it for last Saturday went down the drain because almost everyone had a thing to attend to. Again I was one of those who had plans, was supposed to go to the birthday dinner of my uncle.


So why 'was I supposed to go'? I was really excited to go, well not so much but then semi. :)) Labo ko. 'Twas supposed to be an event of Seafood galore and a family reunion - sort of. I wouldn't know. Why? 'Cause I didn't go.


At around 2 PM - 3 PM I was doing nothing from watching random shows on TV to using the computer from lying around and using my phone to do various activities. (listening to music, surfing the net, playing pacman, etc.) I forgot that I had not yet eaten lunch because I had a terrible headache when I woke up. Good thing it didn't hinder me from the interview but it made me feel so queasy while waiting. Anyway, I wasn't able to buy lunch because I wasn't feeling very well during the time I was commuting from Mandaluyong to Cubao to V. Mapa. Though I was waiting inside a mall, I didn't have the mind to buy lunch because I wasn't feeling hungry. At around 3 PM I was asking my mom what I could eat because I myself didn't know what to eat, what I felt like eating and what there is to eat. 


I was supposed to have KFC delivered but then I suddenly remembered Tasty Dumplings. So I was all set about it when it suddenly rained. -.- Just my luck. So I waited and waited until the rain stopped, so I just had something bought near our house because I was crazy hungry. At around 4PM I had my lunch and then my little niece went looking for me because she was attending a debut and she wanted me to fix her hair. 


Side story: As a kid I loved my hair to strands and follicles. Whenever my mom would want to have my hair cut courtesy of her of course, I would cry, run away, or make a silly excuse for it because I hated to have my hair cut. I wanted to have long hair like the older kids at home. One time my mom paid me a hundred pesos just so I can have my hair cut by her. Anyway that fondness passed on 'til I was old enough to have my hair cut at salons and parlors. I would always think of ways to fix my hair and think of ways to style it. When I was still in kinder I remember my friend Dots who I see before classes. At that time I didn't know her because she wasn't my classmate until third year high school. Anyway her maid would always braid her hair and one time I watched her do French braids. At around my pre-teen to teen years I tried French braiding. I would 'use' my little nieces and braid their hair for practice. Until there was no one else I could practice it on but myself. So slowly I learned how to French braid my own hair until I became really good at it. The prom and ball seasons were when people here started to realize me for my hair styling and fixing which is why my cousin calls me 'bading'. She refers to me as one because she told me that I was good at styling hair. :)) So people would ask me to do their hair whenever possible.


So my little niece approached me and asked if I could curl her hair. She also asked whether she could borrow a clutch and other things. I was so excited and I also helped her with make up because although she had the materials she didn't know what to do. At first I thought she knew how to apply on make up but then she was clueless like me! Good thing I watched YouTube videos of how to apply make up (for graduation that is) and decided to help her with make up using the same technique and look that I researched for my grad. The look I chose was not so much of a 'strictly only graduation' look because it was a natural look and it can be used for everyday or any other event. Anyway we ended up not finishing on time and I had no clue she was leaving at around 5PM. 5PM we were barely half done with her hair and the people were rushing us. Especially this one special aunt of ours. Let's leave it to her being special. The reason I didn't want to go to my uncle's celebration. :))


I wasn't feeling very well because I had a case of tummy and head ache and a dose of bad mood. My mom was already preparing everyone to go when I suddenly told her that I was thinking twice about going or not. I wasn't feeling that well for the day which is why my mom was okay with me not going. I also wanted to take a bath before leaving but then there was not enough time.  


Because I was in a foul disposition, I texted Marc and asked if they had plans. Jerrick and Jegs were also free and so we came up with a last minute go out. Dinner and movie but then Jegs wasn't allowed because her grandfather was visiting and it was already late. So it boiled down to Jerk, Marc and me. 


Before the movie we decided to grab something to eat. We didn't eat dinner out anymore because I was still full from the late lunch early dinner I had and Jerrick had a food trip earlier that day, Marc ate dinner already and so we just looked for munchies. Ate a 9 oz Chocolate Truffle blizzard which unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of because I forgot but one thing I didn't forget to take a picture of, was our receipt. Because Jerrick was still thinking of what to buy, we were standing in front obstructing the people from going to the cashier. :)) Then at the last minute we both wanted Chocolate Truffles and I just had Jerrick order mine because the people were already lining up. Before the night ended, we knew Jerrick as Jerk / Jerrick but then the receipt says otherwise:



We watched Due Date and it was hands down HILARIOUS. 


A lot of quotable quotes from Ethan Chase A.K.A. Ethan Tremblay. HAHAHA! 

2 comments: