Monday, November 15, 2010

411: Four one four one

Last Saturday, LG and Nokia had a promo where they were selling phones for half or more of the price. I personally wanted an LG Optimus One because it was an Android phone that costs only PhP 6490. How cheap is that for a new phone and with an Android OS. At first I wanted Nokia's C6 because it had a 5MP camera and it had a pull-able qwerty keypad. Somehow I've grown to like qwerty phones and even before my phone got phone napped, I wanted a Nokia C3 because it had a qwerty keypad and it looked so cuuuuute! :D


Anyway getting back to last Saturday, we went to play badminton. Us, the usual people plus Elaine this time around and also Kiks. Had to wake up earlier than every Saturday so I can take a bath and get ready. Played for 2 hours and then got ready to go to North Edsa to wait in line for the LG Optimus. I was so excited because I was getting a new phone and I already checked the phone out in different websites and YouTube. So I was really hoping I could get one, but alas it wasn't meant to be.


Before the mall could open, we were already there, along with a bunch of other people waiting in line to get inside. Once the mall opened, people rushed in and ran to LG. I thought that this could be one of those sociology studies that could be researched upon as to how human behavior is affected by market sales and promos. :)) Though I don't know what the point would be, maybe to further study the people's behavior towards sales and price cuts and if these methods which they used would be effective to promote their brand or just sell more units. 


Anyway, first we saw people lining up and we got shocked at how the line was still so short. But we were fooled because it was the line for Nokia. LOL. When we got to LG the line was already crazy long, not to mention the line divided into to sides and we were on one side. Marj and her sister also went but then they backed out because it was so disorganized and maybe it wasn't worth it anymore. So Marj got Jegs and me to replace their spot which was much closer than where we were.


I congratulate LG for it's success in selling phones that even though LG is not the common brand of phone Filipinos would get. I guess even though they had it at half off which actually incurred a loss for them I guess it was more of a publicity stunt and a market promotion for their brand here in the Philippines. I say it's a good call because judging from the turn out of the number of interested buyers I guess somehow they've spread the LG brand and opened a new market of LG users (Android capable). It's crazy that it would only last an hour which made it more complicated. 


I hate it though that LG didn't anticipate such a big crowd. Crowd control was a major failure. At 10 AM the SM guards were already having a meeting as to how they'll assure that no one will get hurt. I also hate it how the stupid LG personnel tried to fix the line. Geez man! People's lives are at stake and yet you stupidly done what you did last Saturday. I understand that they had to fix the line and that the crowd was so big and rowdy and so hard to control and organize. But dude, seriously, why did you pull the people from the center to the side? That made all the people at the back of the line go in front and the people bunch up like in a stampede. Jegs and I seriously got carried by the human wave. I hate closed spaces, which is why I avoid the LRT these days as much as I can because of the crowd and people pushing. I hate people pushing, and being in a sea of people. 


Call me crazy but even though Jegs told me that it was such a missed opportunity for us because had we stayed in the pool of people shouting and being uncooperative, we would've gotten phones because she saw the man behind us when we were stuck in the crowd after 3PM that he went back to LG to have the phone replaced. That meant he was able to get a unit and that if we stayed we would've too. But I was so scared. I mean I'm not one to be easily scared especially that the opportunity to have a new phone with an Android OS at that cheap of a price was present and reachable but then I had this dream where I dreamed of a bat. I researched the meaning of that and it stated a lot of negative interpretations and one of them was that I needed to stay out of the house because I was bound to get hurt seeing that bat in my dream. Call me superstitious but I also don't want to get trampled on by the stampede and rowdy, noisy, uncooperative men (mostly). So sorry Jegs but I don't think all that is worth a phone.


In the end I got a bit sad because I was already pumped up by the idea of getting a new phone so I wanted to get a Nokia phone instead but the line was already so long. Had we lined up at Nokia at the very beginning, we would've gotten units. But then it's not meant to be, so I was asking people if I would get a Nokia C3 instead. I mean I was already planning to get one because I was phone-less and they said there was a sale on the C3. Finally, after watching Easy A which BTW is funny, my friends accompanied me to buy a C3 and I can say that it was worth it.


I bought a gold one because I love the combination of gold and white. I also bought a silicone case so it won't get dirty and it won't break when it falls. As I got home, I charged the phone and got the 2GB memory card and put a lot of music. I also converted some videos and put it there so I can watch movies. I like how I can use YM while I'm lying down the bed. I can also check for mail and use facebook since it's WiFi capable. I also like my new number because it's easy to memorize. I already memorized it when I knew what the number was by texting my mom. :)) Haven't fully updated the contacts yet and I admit I'm too lazy to at the moment. I have to charge my old sun phone to get the contacts and also put a sim there so I can access the phone directory. One day I will. :))


Overall even though I didn't get what I want last Saturday, I actually did. In the first place I really wanted a C3 and here I am with a C3. I'm happy and I think that even though I want an Android phone, I will aim higher and get a Tab instead when the time comes. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I thought that this could be one of those sociology studies that could be researched upon as to how human behavior is affected by market sales and promos. :)) --> true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIBAAA hahaha! Pwede 'tong project research paper or thesis :)) dagdagan nalang ng complexity para di sobrang simple ung study :))

    ReplyDelete