Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bittersweet taste of victory

September 22, 2010


I already prepared for school as early as I can even though I yet again woke up at around 12.30 PM. I had finished almost everything from picking which clothes to wear, applying all the girly stuff like lotion and what not and had fixed my bag and I was good to go I just needed to have my hair dried. But then while I was sitting in front of the fan, waiting for my hair to dry, the rain started pouring and then lightning and thunder struck.


I was waiting for the rain to stop when my mother asked me where I was going and told her I was planning to go to school. She stopped me and told me that it was flooded everywhere and raining hard, that if I could stay I should. So I stayed and waited for the rain to stop, and watched some TV. I ate lunch too but I wasn't planning to because I had nothing to eat. I'm very picky with food so I drank milk which I must say is being a habit now that I am a bum. I wake up 12.30PM-ish, CR rituals, drink milk, look at the food, be disappointed that I have nothing to eat, scavenge for snack foods and watch TV. My mother scolded me on how I'm skipping meals and had dumplings cooked for me. At this point I was already wondering whether I'd be going to school still or not because it was getting pretty late. Mykel texted that it was already flooding in their area so she wasn't going to school. I texted Marc that I would be going out at 1.30 PM but then the rain started to pour and so I had to wait.


Then came 2.30 PM the rain stopped and it seems like the flood went down already so I was wondering whether I should go to school or not. I texted Jegs, Rich and Marc if they were going to school. Sia called me and asked who will be going to school. I forgot I had asked her if she was going and told me that if she woke up early she'd go. But then 'early' was really REALLY 'early'. Early for me is like 10 AM. :)) Anyway Sia asked if I was going, I told her that I'd go if they'd go. :)) Then TJ asked me if I was going and told me I still had victory hakaw. I had forgot I won hakaw :> but then it was not enough for me to go to school. Good thing Jegs was still going and Rich was still going because I was going to school because they were. Marc, I think was already there so I went ahead. 


Timecheck it was about 3PM already when I left home, rode a jeep to Welcome and then waited under a tree because of the drizzle. I never really thought about how it would be hard to find an FX to ride to school because of the flood and rain. I thought that because it was 3PM I had more chances of riding one quick. 


Waiting was not really that annoying, what had annoyed and crept me out was this old creepy guy who stopped where I was and offered me a ride. GOD. My facial expression alongside cringing to his offer was not enough to express how crept out I was because of that. 


Anyway, I was able to ride an FX and I rode front seat. The AC was so cold because it was right in front of me that on my way to school, near UST, I felt that nature was calling. I thought that I'd just go when I reach school. But then near UN, I realllyyyyyyyyyy realllyyyyy had to go @_@ so I was in a state of panic. I didn't know what to do because I didn't know whether I'd make it or not. (This feels like TMI already but heck HAHAHA it's a blog) So there it was, heavy traffic, annoying huge trucks and buses all over, the AC sooo frickin' cold. I had planned to go down P. Faura and take a jeep to RP but then it was too far from where we were and traffic was really nuts. I had to go down, good thing there was a Wendy's there. I had to buy a small frosty because I don't like to just use the comfort room and then go. So I had to ride another FX to school. 


It took me 2 hours? travel time, and PhP 75.00 to go to school today. What a tiring and weird day.


After gathering at the ever so dear AdRIC :-& (thesis memories) they decided to go to Flaming Wings. So we went there and they ate, I was a bit full from my late lunch care of my mother dearest. Then we all went our separate ways to go home. Then I went to Burg.


Victory thy name is hakaw!


Went to causeway to eat yummy yummy dimsum and of course, the hakaw tastes better when someone else pays for it in defeat. :)) Had beef hofan (LOVE <3) and spinach soup. Thanks TJ! :))



No comments:

Post a Comment