Thursday, December 2, 2010

Food fest and a blast from the past

Last Sunday, my sister and I went to Trinoma because there was a sale. Alas, our trip and efforts to find something to buy went down the drain again. 


On a side note I'd like to say that whenever me and my sister would fail at clothes shopping we would resort to another kind of shopping, which is bad. We usually eat out and eat good food to compensate for the lack of something interesting to buy in malls. 


This was one of those days where we failed at clothes shopping and resorted to eat good food to compensate for the wasted time and effort. Although I was able to buy something for our 'exchange gift' and some presents for my high school friends, it didn't feel fulfilling. So food it was! We were feeling Japanese food but then we always eat at Teriyaki Boy if not we always eat at Sizzling Pepper Steak at Trinoma. So I thought of eating at Banawe and remembered Moo Fries at Everything at Steak. So steak it was!


Went to Banawe and ate the same thing when we went to Jerk's house last Friday and ate at Everything at Steak at Annapolis but this time with Moo Fries. I love love love their Moo Fries! <3 I wasn't able to take a photo of the fries because we were too excited to eat them. :))

I was also supposed to borrow Sia's Yakimix card because me and my high school buds are going to eat at Yakimix for our Christmas dinner turned lunch. We decided to walk to Sia's when I remembered reading 'Macapagal branch' at the back of the card, so I'm guessing it's only applicable there. Boo. Nonetheless we were okay with the walking because after that hearty meal we were so full and stuffed. Walking was good exercise after eating so much that night.



So comes Monday, it was a holiday so it was perfect for a get together with my high school friends. I was asked to plan our Christmas dinner because I bailed out of two of my friends at the Harry Potter 7 special screening. I didn't feel like watching because I haven't watched 5 and 6 yet and quite frankly I'm too lazy to. :)) Anyway, my bail-age was semi acceptable provided I plan our Christmas get together. And so I did! I thought of what my college friends did to plan the outing before and creating a group was such a success. Feedback was always given there and since everyone was using Facebook it was an effective way of communicating and planning events. :))


Anyway I also made a group for my high school friends, then I started posting dates, venues and activities there. It boiled down to December 4 (Saturday) at a buffet. We decided to go with Yakimix because it's the cheapest. :)) It was all going well when suddenly a friend of mine had to cancel December 4 since she was going to Taiwan. Also, the other dates weren't good because my other friend's mom will be celebrating her birthday December 11 and the supposed outing with my college friends was planned 17-18. I also had a friend who couldn't go earlier than 17 because of finals. Last Saturday, my friend who was going to Taiwan texted me that it was a holiday that coming Monday and so we planned. Made reservations at Yakimix Greenbelt and so operating Christmas lunch with hs friends was a go!


Met with them at around 12 NN and made reservations under my name preferrably near the buffet table and a booth seat and so we got what we asked for which was cool. :)) I didn't feel that I had ate how much the buffet cost but I certainly feel that on the drinks part I did good. :)) Drank about 4-5 glasses and switched from Iced Tea to Lemonade. :)) The food was okay. I enjoyed the different variety of rolls and the grill was also cool, the other food were okay too. But nothing special, nothing new I guess. :)) 


Stayed until 2.30 PM until the buffet closed. Ate dessert which was also so-so. After lunch we walked around GB then started the exchange gift session. An early Christmas get together but it was worth it! I haven't went out with my friends for 2384723 years already and it was nice to chit chat about what's happening with us and just laugh about bloopers and funny moments. Operation Christmas lunch was a success and hopefully the next outing plans will also be successful, my friends want to go to Cebu for Sinulog. :)) I don't know if my parents would approve of me going though. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment