Oh sleepiness. You keep on coming back at the wrong place and the wrong time.
Come to think of it, it was pretty stupid of me to 'sleep' on the job. We have these breaks you see, every 9 AM and 3 PM. Because I was feeling sleepy, I thought about sleeping during break time. Ignorance is not an excuse, I got caught sleeping on the job, apparently you can't sleep during break time. The irony of it was that I wasn't really sleeping, I can't fully sleep sitting down so I was like closing my eyes trying to sleep but then I couldn't. It's just stupid of me to sleep when the head of the project, sort of the head honcho of that office could see me because I was her front view. In the first place I shouldn't have tried to sleep, I mean, it's pretty stupid to do that when the head could see me with one look, straight ahead.
I was so surprised when I was told that I got caught sleeping on the job, I was so clueless because I really thought we could sleep during break time. Call me uptight and prude, but I hate breaking the rules. Well of course I'm human, I break the rules from time to time, unconsciously sometimes too. But then I just can't bring myself to break the rules especially if I'm aware of the rules. I'm such a follower I don't exist (Nietzsche)! I am so not an übermensch, I conform to society and that being said I follow rules and regulations. How else could I get this boring right?!
But anyway as I've said, ignorance is not an excuse, in the first place I shouldn't be doing things like sleeping while on the job. Prevention is better than cure. Even though I've been reassigned to another seat where I am almost nowhere to be seen by the head of the project, I wouldn't want to attempt sleeping anymore even for lunch breaks when they permit people to sleep. I just find it hard to keep myself wide awake especially after lunch. Baboy reflex ika-nga. Spanish company naman ang Indra wala bang siesta as part of the job? LOL kidding! Masyadong abuse na naman 'yon, sobra sobra na nga yung mga break eh, masaya nako haha! Contentment is key to happiness. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment