I'm with Garfield on his hating Mondays.
Today (a Monday), so many bad things happened. I woke up with an upset stomach. It's been aching ever since yesterday while we were out. Went home early and took a nap to relieve myself of the pain. I don't know why I'm experiencing tummy aches, I don't know if I ate anything bad. If I did I wouldn't be the only one because everything I ate from Saturday was shared with someone.
Anyway, I was thinking of not coming in for work today but then the stubborn person that I am thought I could handle it. I kind of woke up later than usual because I was still feeling bloated and experiencing stomach pains from time to time. I wasn't able to prepare early because of that and because I don't know where my sister placed the top I was planning to wear. Miraculously, I was able to leave the house at the same time I leave the house every Monday. Every Monday, I commute to work, I ride 3 jeeps, 1 to Welcome Rotonda, 1 jeep to Araneta, 1 jeep to Sta. Mesa and then take the bus to Ortigas in the middle of it all I take long walks which is why I go out of the house extra early.
Today was really a bad day, somehow I arrived on time at the bus stop at Sta. Mesa but then there weren't enough buses passing along. I thought about going to work in the afternoon and rest my tummy but then I was again too stubborn to. I rode a bus at around 7.30 AM and the fool that I was thought, and hoped that I'd make it. At around 7:58 AM I arrived at Robison's Galleria. I need to walk for 10 minutes to get to Meralco, 10 minutes that I didn't have so I decided to run. Yes, I ran from Galle to Meralco, awkwardly I might add since I was wearing a skirt. Good thing I don't wear heels to work or else that would've been even worse.
I really thought I could make it, I was thinking of texting my boss to inform him I was planning to take a sick leave, but then I was reluctant to. Part of it was because I didn't want to take any leaves that weren't necessary, or urgent even though we are entitled to every month. Part of it was that I was already there, it's not the commute home and the wasted effort I was thinking about but rather the fact that I made it there in my condition makes me fit to go to work. Anyway, I think I should've just taken that leave because I got 8 minutes late. Yes, that's 8 minutes, first five minutes would've been considered grace time for the elevator ride but then I was 3 minutes too late. I was all too late even though I didn't wait for the elevator, I ran upstairs and hurt my leg muscles (lack of exercise).
What bothers me is that I let my team down. There's this thing where you get free breakfast if your whole team does not merit any late attendances for the month. My team mates weren't late last month (when I was still not part of the team). I have a team mate who lives far north and never gets late while I on the other hand just tainted my team's perfect attendance. So much for my first month, I really thought I could handle not being late but then I was wrong. I hate myself for not being able to wake up at 5 AM anymore. Even though I sleep at around 9 or 10 PM. What's happening to me? :(
My entry's getting so long I'm not even halfway through my bad day today. I'm skipping the other details so as not to bore you guys.
I know I shouldn't let my week be ruined because of this but it's Monday, it's the pseudo start of the week for most people including me and it's like, waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I used to be okay with Mondays, now I'm not so sure anymore.
awww don't worry! a bad start of the week doesn't mean that the entire week will be bad >:D<
ReplyDeleteHope so :( Kasi sobrang counting on myself to not be late because of what's at stake. :( thanks >:D<
ReplyDelete