Saturday, March 19, 2011

Watching dramas

Kakamiss itong series na to!





懷玉公主


Watched this maybe 10 years ago? Super loved the series even though it was in Mandarin and half the time I was watching it I didn't understand. Good thing I watched with my aunt and cousins who were good at Mandarin and I would ask them for the dialog. I wanna watch it again but then it's 105 episodes with an episode running for an hour. But the story is good and it's a romantic comedy series with a little bit of drama. You'd really want the antagonist to get what she deserves (*semi-spoiler* in the end she did lolz). 

I could say that by watching this series I was able to learn new words. :)) This is officially the first series I've watched. My mom too watched this, she got so hooked she finished the whole series in a week. Because she got so hooked with dramas, we watched lots of Taiwanese/Chinese series and eventually Korean series. Forgot how many dramas I've watched already but my obsession in watching dramas dimmed down when my mom stopped borrowing dramas. But then because of the Meteor Garden thing the local channel has been airing lots of Asian dramas and some of the new ones strike my interest so I try and watch that. I actually watched Meteor Garden skipping episodes because I was just curious at what my mom watched back then, and then I got hooked and watched it all the episodes, a year or so later the local channel aired the series. 

Good thing I know now that these series could be watched with subtitles HAHA! I've been struggling to understand some of the things people say in Taiwanese/Chinese dramas. Sometimes I just use context clues but it's really better if you understand what they say, gives more meaning to the whole situation. :))

9 comments:

  1. Ay napanood ko rin yan auds sa TV dati nung nakikinood ako... oo 10 yrs ago? :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Keen! hahaha! super gusto ko yung series na yan pero un nga 105 episodes @.@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di rin ako makapaniwala na 105 episodes pala yun :)) pero naalala ko lang na every night ko lang pinapanood, 8 to 9 ata or around mga ganung time :)) medyo nakalimutan ko na pala yung ending, pero naaalala ko may historical ata dun e, on two dynasties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes! si Huai Yu Ming Dynasty princess e ung emperor ng Ching Dynasty may gusto sa kanya =)) basta ung last part si Ying Guai Ren (tama ba spelling? HAHA) nagfake na may anak with the emperor pero nahuli siya hihi. So pwede na ulit si emperor and Huai Yu magsama despite the fact na princess nga siya ng Ming Dynasty. :D ATA. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. eto rin yung first chinese series na napanood ko hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)) Ay Rich siguro yan na yung 2nd na napanood mo 新梁山伯與祝英台(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Lovers)? Medyo classical din yung story e, prang kasunod ata halos yun e

    ReplyDelete
  7. bfrieeeeeeeeend! hahaha napanood mo din pala to? super into this ako nun eh :)) keen :)) 梁山伯 and 祝英台! omgee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)) napanood mo rin ba yun auds? yung TV series sa 2000 yung napanood ko e... pero yung mga naaalala kong first series yung 包青天, meron din ata sa TV5 dati e, Judge Bao

    ReplyDelete
  9. ay oo nga noooh 包青天 (cinocopy paste ko lang HAHA) pinapanood ng mom ko, pero minsan lang ako makanood niyan hahaha nostalgic! old schoool! ung butterfly lovers di ko na panood ung series pero alam ko ung story :)) kasi may movie nun e :)

    ReplyDelete