I've heard of 'witching hour' but batching hour? Why always 3:00 AM? Why always on a Friday?
*SIGH* All I can say is that this is tiresome and embarrassing. Tiresome because obviously my sleep was yet again interrupted. I was about to bitch out on my sister for calling at such a late hour and wonder why in the world would she call in the middle of the night. What possible sane reason did she have for doing so? So the embarrassment begins.
Forgive me for assuming that the call was unimportant. As I recall there was one instance where I was fast asleep and she woke me up just so she could tell me stories about work. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm uninterested or anything, even ungrateful because I always rant away with my work stress but did she have to do that at around 1 AM in the morning? When I was already sleeping? Anyway, this case was different. She was contacted by the batch person because apparently he had been calling since 1 AM and I wasn't answering the call.
60 missed calls, said my phone. Oh crap. And so it begins... again! Same error, same Friday night, same hour. Please tell me this is not going to be a regular thing. As if I haven't embarrassed myself enough last week for having two of my office mates go to the office, one of them being my team leader and all, no big deal. *sarcasm* Since my team leader has gone home today, I had to yet again bug my other team mate who conveniently lives nearby the office. Convenient? I'm not so sure really. I can't help but feel ashamed for having someone else go do the job for me (TWICE!). I mean, it's my fault. I owe that person a lot for:
a) waking him up at this late hour
b) breaking the news that yes, he has to go to the office
c) learning that resolution of this delay in the program is possibly moved to later the day (when it's a more reasonable time to go to the office)
d) already making him go even though there was that possibility that I could've resolved the matter later in the afternoon.
I hope my consuelo de bobo is effective. Waking up at 3:00 AM to discover that last week's batch error has happened again -- priceless (not in a good 'I have to treasure this moment' way), but for everything else *I hope* there's McDonald's apple pie. If you didn't get this, look up Mastercard ads in youtube ;). How selfish is it that I offered apple pie as a token of my appreciation slash peace offering just to ease my mind off the fact I had yet again make that person go to the office at that hour and this time by himself.
Hoping that this time around would be easier and faster given we had encountered the same error last week and we know now what is wrong with the batch, can I safely say hi to my bed and sleep again soon?
No comments:
Post a Comment