Yes, it's been more than a month that I've turned twenty three. Twenty three. I would've never imagine that right now is what being twenty three is all about. It boggles my mind. How did time fly by? Yesterday I was this college student, refusing to wake up and get ready for school, cherishing the 5 minute snoozes and allowances before I actually wake up---
Now I'm what?
As of 9/8/2012 7:04:53 AM EDT
You are 23 years old.
You are 278 months old.
You are 1,207 weeks old.
You are 8,455 days old.
You are 202,927 hours old.
You are 12,175,624 minutes old.
You are 730,537,493 seconds old.
(Calculated from: http://www.paulsadowski.org/BirthDay.asp)
I used to think years would go by so slowly. But now that I'm getting older, I feel like days just pass by and days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months and soon enough months turn to years. I read about how your 20's are supposedly the 'prime' of your life. That anything or everything fun, memorable, amazing, fantastic should be spent during your 20's. I only have 7 years left, 7! That may seem like a long time from now and maybe it really is but at the rate I'm going, with my life spent monotonously I think 7 years from now I'd end up not doing anything memorable at all. I want to enjoy the prime of my life, as I always say, we only have one life, live it well.
I should listen to what I say, practice what I preach. I think that I'm becoming more introverted. I was never a risk taker and I don't seek thrills, but maybe that's what I should do. Take a risk, meet new people, discover places, try new things, do all that I can do with what I have and know right now. In short, live! I feel as if I'm setting myself back. I keep on thinking to myself that I have social anxiety disorder which I still believe I do. But I don't believe that it's permanent. Of course if one must beat this kind of disorder, one must make a move. Be bold! Mind over matter. Perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment