Wednesday, February 2, 2011

UCC and McDonald's for New Year

So maybe the typical family would celebrate the new year with a bang but we're not the typical family. Maybe the typical Chinese family? Anyway, every January first, my mother would prepare egg misua, a tradition that celebrates longevity of life. 


Usually this tradition is held during breakfast, where everyone in our family would be eating my mother's egg misua and talking at the dinner table. This year me and my sister woke up at around lunch time, and because I remember the misua tradition always during breakfast, I feared that this year didn't include that. But to my surprise, egg misua was served for lunch. Everyone gets a piece of egg and a heaping bowl of misua. Yayy!


As lunch time passed by me, my sister and cousin were bumming around the house because we didn't know what to do. We were too bored to do anything and we wanted to go out. Because it's January 1, we figured not much establishments would be open so we just bummed even more. At around 5 PM, I tried searching if Starbucks was open but alas, they weren't. We were desperate so we kept on searching for other coffee shops like Figaro, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, etc. Finally, we called UCC at Tomas Morato and it was open! Yaaaay! We got so excited, called our other cousin and went on our way. Even though we already at dinner we still ordered food for sharing. Ordered pasta with chicken (forgot the name) and UCC Club house sandwich <3 it's heaven I tell you. My sister ordered a drink which I also forgot what but was yummy!






My other cousin brought his photocopies again and studied there even though it was Christmas break. That's how tough law is. He's never the one to study I think, well I wouldn't know but for the 21 years I have lived, the first time I ever saw him study was when he took a degree in law. :))
After eating, we took a walk to find any other place to hang out because as nice as the ambiance in UCC was, we got bored there. We went walking to the right until we reached Starbucks and saw that it was open, -.- we were disappointed because we didn't have to spend that much on UCC if we could've stayed at Starbucks instead but oh well. We went back to UCC and then went to McDo because my sister and cousin suddenly felt like eating fries. :)) So much for new year! Talked about a lot of things, even planned a crazy road trip which I'm still hoping will happen. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment