TGY. Crazy.
January 22, 2011.
First time to ever go on a road trip with friends.
T'was crazy!
First off, we were supposed to watch Green Hornet at Gateway but then Jerk and I were thinking if we would be going because it was already late and we might not make it, the movie was to start at 3.40 pm and it was already 3.00 pm. Anyway, turns out it got semi-cancelled for some of those who could make it and some made it.
I really wanted to watch Green Hornet because of Jay Chou LOL. Didn't even know the plot, I just knew that they were supposed to be semi-heroes or something and I'm a sucker for comic book movies and super hero movies soooooooooooooo I really wanted to watch. So Jerk fetched me and we went to Marc's to fetch him. When we got there, we were so clueless and we couldn't decide where to go. It was one of those days where it wreaked of boredom everywhere and we didn't know where to go, what to do and so Marc called Ricco. Someone suggested to go to Banchetto (I thought it was spelled like Bancietto HAHAHA). Banchetto is like a street food festival I think? (haven't been there) and it's at Ortigas, every Friday during 12 MN onwards I think. I asked my mom if I could go and told her I was going to arrive home late, and she said 'k'.
So, to wait for Ricco (work ends at 12MN) we went to Trinoma, decided to go watch a movie (Green Hornet) and eat light dinner because we were to pig out at the Banchetto. The movie was so funny HAHAHA, loved it! Seth Rogen was so hilarious and Jay Chou was amazing HAHA! Overall I liked the movie because of the comedy but it's so-so. Although the cool car and the fight scenes were awesome! We ate froyo at Red Mango to kill more time then headed to Pasadena to meet with Ricco and be off to the Banchetto. When we got there it was still too early so we decided to check out Jerk's new home, rubble and sorts since it was still under construction.
Being the big chicken I am, I didn't wanna go inside because a) t'was dark b) there was a mountain of rocks piled on the entry way to keep usi people out of the way and c) it could pass off as one of the settings in a horror film. Since Jerk and Marc were the manly men they are HAHAHAHAHA they went in and forced me to go as well because I would have to wait outside and Jerk wanted to show his pad-to-be. Then we saw Ricco right after finishing a mini tour of the house-to-be. The reason why Ricco couldn't come with to the movie earlier because his car had major repair work needed and it took him almost the whole day to finish. Even went to have lots of parts replaced and stuff.
We went to Ortigas for the Banchetto thing but then it turned out it really was only on Fridays and seeing it was a Saturday, the streets were dark and empty. With nowhere else to go, Jerk suggested we go for a road trip to TGY, and it was a joke (I think?) but they meant it? I don't really know, and because I jokingly suggested we go for a road trip and the lack of trips outside Metro Manila stirred that up. My answer was 's-i-ge?' and I knew I was roasted chicken in 2-3 hours time but then something just made me want to go for a road trip, enjoy the ride and the cold wind!!
Went back to San Juan because they declared the Innova a sad car and they wanted to use the Fuego even though it's newly repaired, test it out they said. Anyway, there was a lot of boy talk and I felt as if I was watching a documentary on how boys bond when they're together. It was sort of intense as I've never been with these three being serious and stuff. They're always joking around and yeah there was still the occassional gaguhan but overall, it was intense. Girls bonding together having girl talk is no different from boys getting together and having boy talk. BUT! Something in their manner of talking is different, I guess with boys they're more straightforward. Anyway, the mood got less intense once we were nearing TGY. The route Ricco took turned out to be wrong but still right, just not the usual route he wanted to take but still correct. BUT that other route was so freaky. There were no cars, trees and plants from both sides, dark and gray everywhere. THEY DIDN'T EVEN TALK MUCH and that made it even scarier but then since there were no cars, the trip I guess is faster and finally we reached a street with cars. *PHEW*
The trip was therapeutic even though I'm not really particularly sad or what, or needing therapy HAHA! It just felt that way for me, like I left my worries at Manila. HAHAHA! On the way we had our windows down and even though I'm wearing shorts, I didn't mind the coldness that much because it was refreshing. I loved the wind, I felt free and alive!
We went to starbucks TGY, the one near Magallanes something HAHAHA! Basta 'yun! Went to Mile Hi Diner but then they were closing, Carlo's Pizza but closing as well and everything was closed except starbucks because it was already 1 AM. We crossed the street and found a burger machine stall and so we ate. First time to eat there haha! T'was okay. Hahaha! At the time the girl was cooking the burgers, my mom and sister kept on calling and asking where I was and thus I started panicking and started feeling scared. The ride home was not the same as the way to TGY because I was worried and I was scared. Somehow I made everyone worry as well and I didn't want that to happen. x.x
At around 3AM I got home and I expected a whole lot of reprimanding but to my surprise everyone was quiet, my mom couldn't sleep because she was so worried and my sister too because my dad went on and went on about how I was still not home and for all they know I could've died somewhere and I'm already dead burning somewhere. LOL. Drank water and slept, but then because I was feeling so guilty I cried T_T.
After that I really decided not to go out that much anymore. 3 weeks I have been working and the result was a road trip that made everyone worry. T-T Don't get me wrong, it was fun and exciting but at the end of the day I felt that I abused so much of my parent's patience. Even though I'm not really so much home bound the week after (because of muay thai and school stuff) I still want to continue staying in for a while so as to compensate for that day I went overboard with going out.
No comments:
Post a Comment