Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shoemergency

Last Monday was yet another terrible start of the week. 


Monday. Woke up late, okay, my fault. Haha! I was delayed for about 5 minutes and had everyone wait for me. Partly because my lunch was not packed yet. But still, because it's a favor that I go with my nieces to school, it's embarrassing to make them wait. Traffic is a killer! God forbid they be late because of me. I was notorious for being the latest one to get to the car during my stint as a high schooler and grade schooler. Take note, 'was' so I should be mature (since I'm already working and stuff psch) enough to be on time! Professionalism please!


Btw, I'm proud to say I didn't get late this month. Yipee! :)


So, I am dropped off and I take the bus to Ortigas. I take a jeep to work even though the bus reaches where I work because the bus stops and waits for passengers which on several occasions made me late. Tsk. 


First off, there was this rude guy who ran towards the jeep so he can be first to get in when I was the first one there. There was only one slot left so he went for it. Anyway, not caring, I took the next jeep and to my dismay, my efforts and money were wasted because it took a stop where the bus usually stops. Boo. That's actually unfair but what can I do? When I got off the jeep I almost slipped. Good thing I held on to the metal bar or else that would've been a painful butt landing slippage. I had to walk to work and briskly too so I can be there on time. I was already behind a few minutes than usual and I was afraid of breaking my no-late-for-this-month record. While walking, I noticed my left foot was bothering me a bit but then I thought it was just because of the hassle of having to walk to work even though I paid the jeep to take me there supposedly. Then it hit me, it was bothering me because the sole of my left shoe was almost detached from the shoe. OMG. I had a shoemergency.


I thought of buying shoes at the nearby mall but what mall would be open at that hour. Also, I didn't wanna come in late or worse come in half day just because my shoe died on me. As much as possible I want to maximize my use of the leaves. Anyway, while I was walking people were staring at me. One MMDA person looked at my foot while I was walking from a distance until I reached where he was standing and passed him and he was still looking at my foot. Take a video, it lasts longer! 


Finally arrived at my destination and rode the elevator even though there was a bit of a time crunch. I asked kuya guard for some tape and thankfully he had masking tape. I didn't take that much because I was too shy and people were there so I couldn't patch my rotten shoe because of the shame. My seat mate tried to offer her slippers for me to wear because of my busted shoe but I really didn't know how I could wear slippers in the office. Tried to glue the sole on the shoe but the office glue wouldn't come out of the bottle so that was a total bust. When I got out to go to the CR, I asked kuya guard if I can borrow the tape and bring it back after I go potty. I went in a cubicle and taped the sole. It was temporarily fixed but then I couldn't wear that shoe for the day because I keep on walking back and fourth for CR trips and water trips. So, I waited for lunch break, went to the mall and bought a new pair of shoes.


I had such a hard time choosing I ended up buying expensive ones and shopping for shoes ate my whole lunch time. Good thing we can eat in the office and so I just worked while eating. Having a busted beat up shoe is such a hassle. Mondays are so hasslecious!

1 comment:

  1. aww at least nakabili ka ng shoes *hug* :D

    ReplyDelete