Today I woke up feeling like a kid enjoying the first day of summer vacation.
Perfect combination. The sun is hot but the cool breeze feels so refreshing. This for me is the ultimate sign of summer. Though the idea of 'summer' may have been ruined for us tax payers, I think it's nice to sit back and laze around during the weekends. That's the closest to summer vacation we can get. Unless we take a leave for 2-3 months, hey! to each his own right? :D That is if you'd be permitted to do so, another option would be permanent leaves but I don't think that's a good idea. :))
Let's not forget that I woke up pretty late in the AM so that's the cherry on top of a very good morning. Oh! And for some weird miraculous reason my brother greeted me good morning. He always ignores me whenever I try to converse with him so it felt good that he greeted me on his own.
Ahh, summmmeeeeer. <3 I can't help but feel yet again nostalgic of the old carefree days. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just LOVE the feeling of waking up so late in the morning, heck sometimes I wake up during lunchtime. Today's weather is just a perfect touch to the oh so lazy feeling I'm feeling now.
Maybe I love being lazy (which is bad).
Maybe, because these are the only moments I can be lazy, I go all out. Sometimes I prefer to laze around the house and just chill rather than go out and be active. I feel as if I'm on a vacation and the only thing to do is to sit back, relax and bask in the laziness.
Even though I've reached that point in my life that I constantly feel nostalgic (clearly a sign of OLD age), I always want to wake up with the feeling that summer has just begun! (of course that comes with staying up late at night and waking up terribly late in the morning-- no in the afternoon and of course the glorious weather we're having now).
No comments:
Post a Comment