Yesterday I was on batch patrol yet again. We actually had an office outing but I didn't go because I was on batch patrol, and I had a Christmas party with Kamiseta.
Anyway, we finished at around 11 PM last night. Good thing two of my office mates stayed with me til' the end or else I don't know how I could finish the batch all by my lonesome. Damn that would make my heart beat faster than me running away from a flying cockroach. (Very fast if you have no idea) They were actually joking around saying that they should be leaving making me scared. Pschh. Scared? Yeah right, literally right. :| If I were an animal I would be a big fat scardy cat.
One of my office mates offered to ride with me home so I wouldn't go home alone. From the office we had to walk to the other gate because the gate nearest to us closes at around 10 PM. After reaching the open gate, we tried hailing a cab but unexpectedly we couldn't. Usually there would be plenty of taxi's that were empty and for hire but we weren't lucky enough last night. Traffic is a bitch, but Christmas traffic is bitcher. We took a jeep initially we had planned to go down at Robinson's Galleria but we ended up outside the gate nearest to our office so it was like we took a round trip. We tried hailing a cab there but failed again, so we walked to Robinson's Galleria but still no luck. We went back to the outside of the office and to Metrowalk in hopes of getting a cab. At that time we were already walking and talking for an hour. Finally, a taxi driver was standing by drinking softdrinks near Metrowalk and agreed. Success!
I don't always get the chance to go home with this office mate of mine but whenever I do get the chance it's never a dull moment. He has the funniest and most interesting stories to tell. He's like the older brother I never had, even though biologically I do have one. It's always thoughts of quitting and giving up with regards to work with me but whenever I get to discuss work with this particular office mate, thoughts of quitting always go away. He makes me ashamed for even thinking about wanting to 'give up' technically quit. It's like he's an inspiration to work! :)) I feel so embarrassed whenever he says how hard work is now because of our implementation but he always manages to justify it. I wish I could have that kind of attitude towards work. Admittedly he has those days where it's totally a bummer to be working but he always thinks positively and thinks better for tomorrow. A quality that I really admire about him. If I do decide to quit, I wouldn't want him to find out about it because I feel as though I've disappointed him in some way even though he's not my direct supervisor. He's one of those people you just wouldn't want to disappoint or in short someone you respect and have high regards towards to.
No comments:
Post a Comment