June 16, 2011.
The centennial celebration. We weren't there.
HAHA. BOOM. We were supposed to go. I had to special ask my leader to go off work earlier so I can come with. At first he was joking that I couldn't go but I couldn't really tell when he's joking around or being serious. So I kind of thought I was gonna just catch up with my friends later on instead because I had to stay. Good thing he was just playing around, because for a minute there I really thought it was a lame excuse to get off work early just to attend the centennial celebration. Well, it might be a lame excuse (lamer than my seat mate who had to leave work early as well because she had a dental appointment), but we were really just staying because of the extended hours. Our project manager has told us we can get off work earlier than six if we had prior appointments and what not. I was just not sure whether 'Centennial Celebration' was a good enough excuse and reason to get off work early. And of course, knowing me I wouldn't have the gall to ask. But of course desperate times call for desperate measures.
In the end, due to hearsay of the school (destination) being jam packed, we didn't go. It was kind of a waste because it's only gonna happen once and when does the school turn a hundred again? Well in a hundred years. HAHA. Instead we ate at Max's at Roxas. Well it was sort of part of the plan, to eat dinner at Max's (because of the chicken all you can promo) then go to school to celebrate. We were so many there, like about 20? I don't really know, maybe I'm exaggerating HAHA.
The chicken dancers (yes, they have people semi dressed like chickens who dance for people who'll be eating chicken all you can) gave their all and there was even someone who videoed the whole dance. It was so embarrassing when the employee kept on asking me about our order (which I had no idea of course I couldn't speak for 20 people) and wanted me to dance with the chicken people. No way in hell, or on earth rather. Kj na kung kj pero sorry di ko keri yan. There was also this awkward moment when the chicken dancers surrounded our table and danced in front of us. What were we supposed to do? Stare at them while they dance a few feet away?
Anyway, even though we missed the celebration, me and a bunch of friends had our own celebration. I had a lot of fun catching up with people, meeting my friends and just enjoying each other's company. As I've told Jegs, it's okay if we didn't go to school for too long to celebrate because meeting our friends mattered more to me than going to school and celebrating a hundred years of Lasallian presence. No disrespect intended. *Proud to be Lasallian* Missed the fireworks which I heard was awesome but it's okay, I saw video posts of the pyromusical of DLSU. All in all, as quoted from my twitter status the other night
'Good food better company great vibes :)'
No comments:
Post a Comment