Saturday, June 25, 2011

Afternoon Naps

I feel like a kid again, joke I don't. HAHA.


When I was a kid, sleeping in the afternoon was my worst enemy. I hated afternoon naps because it cuts play time. I never did religiously follow my parents on having to sleep in the afternoon and they never pushed me to do so, so I was free from it. I never really understood the need for afternoon naps for kids back then. All the adults would say it's best for kids to sleep during the middle of the day so that we'd get optimal development especially in the height department. When you're a kid, you don't really care about much of those things. Yeah? Haha! All I cared about when I was a kid was playing!


Anyway, it's ironic how things are so freely available for us are left and taken for granted, and when the time comes that we actually want that for us, it just isn't there anymore. It's not the situation that's ironic but maybe it's us who are ironic in the sense that we are never contented. We rarely realize the importance of something that's always there for us and thus we take things for granted. Funny how afternoon naps led to this thought but bottom line is that, as a kid I hated taking afternoon naps. Now, considered an adult :> *yehes* I always fancy an afternoon nap. Heck I even take afternight naps, yup I created a new word again. 


Afternight, afternoon + night because it gets extended to that point. :)) *corny* Anyway, it's always nice to find time to sleep in the afternoon. Sleep actually is good for our health. <3

2 comments:

  1. i never took afternoon naps too. maybe thats why im too short haha. i dont like it now either because theres a weird feeling after i wake up. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh? I love napping pero yeah there's that weird feeling maybe the feeling of 'shit di ako makaktulog mamaya' HAHA

    ReplyDelete